1/2 Photos of Filet Mignon With Mushroom-Wine Sauce - Light Version Weight Wat
Mimi Bobeck's Note:
This is a diet recipe. I know it's not as low in calories like a salad - but its is High on Flavour and low calorie than other versions of this classic recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, divided
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup fresh shiitake mushroom, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups cabernet sauvignon wine or 1 1/2 cups dry red wine, divided
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme, undiluted and divided
- cracked black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) filet mignon steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- fresh thyme sprig (optional)
- 1Melt 1 1/2 tsp butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add shallots and mushrooms; sauté for 4 minutes.
- 3Add 1 cup wine and 3/4 cup consommé; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon, place in a bowl.
- 5Increase heat to high; cook wine mixture until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 5 minutes).
- 6Add to mushrooms in bowl; set aside.
- 7Wipe pan with paper towel.
- 8Sprinkle pepper over steaks.
- 9Melt 1 1/2 tsp butter in pan over medium heat.
- 10Add steaks; cook 3 minutes on each side.
- 11Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 12Place on a platter; keep warm.
- 13Combine soy sauce and cornstarch.
- 14Add 1/2 cup wine and remaining consommé to skillet; scrape skillet to loosen browned bits.
- 15Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
- 16Add mushroom mixture, cornstarch mixture, and dried thyme, bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 17Serve sauce with steaks.
- 18Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon With Mushroom-Wine Sauce - Light Version Weight Wat
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 647.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet mignon steaks