Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
easy enough , yet elegant
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 4 filet mignon
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- in skillet heat 2 tbsp butter with oil.
- add mushrooms, garlic and onions, cook until lightly browned, remove, season with thyme,, salt, pepper.
- add the rest of the butter and oil to skillet, brown fillets about 5 minutes per side for medium rare, remove.
- add madeira to pan, reduce by half.
- add broth and reduce, add cream and stir to thicken.
- add mushrooms back to pan, add filets to warm through.
Yes, easy, elegant and a wonderful sauce. Did not change a thing and we very much enjoyed it. Thanks Chia!!
Great!! Made mashed potatoes with it to soak up that incredible sauce. Excellent!!
Great steak Chia! I did go ahead and grill the steaks and just made the sauce as is, except leaving out the 1T of butter since I didn't make the meat in the pan. I might put it in next time to maybe thicken the sauce a bit more. The only change I'm going to make next time is to season the meat some before grilling - we're used to a more seasoned meat and I think it would only enhance the wonderful sauce more. Thanks for a great recipe Chia.