Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 4 filet mignon, 1 1/2 inch thick (dry with paper towel)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup madeira wine or 1 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven 450°F.
- Heat a skillet (not nonstick) over high heat until very hot.
- Rub steaks with oil and then salt and pepper.
- Sear steaks without moving until nice and brown and crust has formed about 3 minutes each side.
- Place steaks on a baking sheet place in oven 2-4 minutes very rare-4-6 minutes rare-6-8 minutes medium rare.
- While baking make sauce.
- When steaks are done put on a platter cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- In skillet the steaks were in heat pan medium low heat.
- Add shallots stir until soft.
- Add Madeira and rest of the ingredients.
- Scrape up the bits in pan.
- Simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Stir in butter.
- Serve over steaks.
This was delicious. Unfortunately I did not have any filet mignon, but i had a very nice small black angus thick cut steak that I used instead. Fast and simple to prepare with great flavor..would be great for a dinner party. I will keep this recipe.
We thought this sauce was nice. It was easy to prepare with ingredients I typically have on hand. I used filet mignon and followed all instructions and ingredients as posted. Thanks.
This was so good! I used a red onion because the store didn't have a shallot & also used whole anchovy's that we mashed. I used red wine. I'm going to try it again and see how it turns out with all the exact ingredients. Thanks NovaLee!