Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The lemon-parsley butter adds a nice twist to your next filet mignon. From the Weber Cookbook
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) filet mignon, 1-1/4 inches thick
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- For the Butter:.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter ingredients. Using the back of a fork, mash and stir until evenly distributed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Allow the filets mignons to stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Lightly brush or spray both sides with oil.
- Season evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Grill over Direct High heat until cooked to your desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare, turning once.
- Transfer each filet to a warm serving plate and place a tablespoon of the butter on top to melt.
- Serve warm, after allowing to rest at least 5 minutes.
Steakhouse quality for sure! I added a little bit of garlic to the butter and broiled it on top of the steak for the last couple of minutes of cooking. We were very impressed. Thank you.
Wonderful! I prepared this for our New Year's Eve dinner, served with baked potatoes, and it was great. And we all thought the delicate touch of lemon was wonderful with the filet mignons (and it was good on our baked potatoes, too!). I doubled the recipe (to suit our crowd), and it ended up being a little too much parsley. So if I increased the quantity again I'd go ahead and double everything except the parsley. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Nimz. Made for "Please Review My Recipe" tag game.
Very easy and tastes fantastic! Thanx for sharing! :D