1/2 Photos of Filet Mignon With Goat Cheese and Balsamic Reduction
filet mignon is my favorite cut of beef, and i travel to philadelphia's italian market to a butcher who knows how to cut it right. this is yet another easy way to serve this delectable steak, from food network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- 3Melt the butter in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper.
- 5Cook the steaks to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- 6Transfer the steaks to a baking sheet.
- 7Crumble the cheese over the steaks and broil just until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- 8Sprinkle with pepper.
- 9Transfer the steaks to plates. Drizzle the balsamic sauce around the steaks and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon With Goat Cheese and Balsamic Reduction
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.7
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 83.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet mignon steaks