Recipe by chia
filet mignon is my favorite cut of beef, and i travel to philadelphia's italian market to a butcher who knows how to cut it right. this is yet another easy way to serve this delectable steak, from food network.
- 1 1⁄2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 (5 ounce) filet mignon steaks (each about 1-inch thick)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the balsamic vinegar and sugar in a heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup, stirring occasionally, about 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Melt the butter in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Cook the steaks to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer the steaks to a baking sheet.
- Crumble the cheese over the steaks and broil just until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Transfer the steaks to plates. Drizzle the balsamic sauce around the steaks and serve.