Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe that I got from an insert stuck on my Grey Poupon. Looks delicious to me!
- 4 steaks, filet mignon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 4 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Season steaks with pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet on high heat.
- Add steaks, cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned on both sides.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes or until medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove steaks from skillet, cover to keep warm.
- Discard drippings from skillet.
- Add onions to skillet, cook and stir until tender.
- Add sherry; stir to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Stir in cream and mustard; cook until thickened stirring occasionally.
- Plate filet's and spoon sauce over each filet.
This recipe was outstanding! I used Brownwood Farms Kream Mustard instead of Dijon and it just melted in your mouth...So easy too...
Quick, easy and tasty! I have had similar recipe but this one comes together quickly for a weeknight dinner. Good flavor and enjoyed by all. Thank you for the recipe.
Oh wow! I usually only cook my steaks over a charcoal grill, but this was delicious! I had great reservations about throwing such a great piece of meat in a skillet, but this turned out absolutely fabulous! I did half the steaks, but left the sauce as posted, and I liked it that way. I will definitely use this recipe again when cold weather finally hits this area! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe....its a keeper!