Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The best melt-in-your-mouth steak I have ever tasted
- 4 filet mignon (you can use any other steak instead)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter (NOT margarin)
- 1 tablespoon demi-glace
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (preferably chardonnay)
- spike seasoning (can be found in most grocery stores, other steak seasonings will do)
- Evenly season steaks on all sides with Spike/Aromat.
- Heat oil in large frying pan.
- Add Steaks and fry until done (I recommend medium-rare).
- Remove steaks from pan and place on a plate (do not empty pan).
- Add wine and cook until most alcohol has boiled off.
- Add Demi-Glace and stir until it has all dissolved.
- Add Butter and stir until completely melted.
- Add steak drippings, if there's not enough, use tongs to squeeze more from steaks.
- Cook sauce about 1 minute more, and pour over steaks.
- Serve immediately.