Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tender, juicy steaks topped with a cremini mushroom and rosemary sauce. Round out this elegant meal with potatoes and baby carrots. Points Value: 5. A cooked small scrubbed red potato and 1 cup cooked carrots per serving will increase the Points value by 2.
- 4 (1/4 lb) filet mignon, about 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 small cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sprinkle steaks with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into side of each steak registers 135°F for medium rare, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer to large plate; cover loosely with foil and keep warm.
- Add onion to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; increase heat and cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms release their liquid and begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add wine and 1 teaspoon rosemary; bring to boil. Cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet, until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. To serve, stir in parsley and remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary; pour over steaks.