Filet Mignon is one of my favorite foods! This is just heavenly!
Make and share this Filet Mignon With Cognac Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (4 -6 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 lb total)
- 3 tablespoons cognac or 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Trim fat from steaks. Place steaks in shallow dish. Pour 2 tablespoons of the cognac over steaks. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes, turning once. Drain steaks, discarding cognac in dish. Sprinkle steaks with pepper.
- Place steaks on rack of uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 11-15 minutes for medium-rare or 14-18 minutes for medium, turning once.
- Meanwhile, for sauce: In small saucepan, cook mushrooms and shallot in hot butter for 3 - 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in beef broth and remaining cognac. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 5 minutes. In small bowl, stir together half-and-half, mustard, and flour. Stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve sauce over steaks.