Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I think I got the original recipe from "Patsy's Cookbook : Classic Italian Recipes from a New York City Landmark Restaurant". I know I changed the wine used in the original, but I can't remember what the original was. There are probably other changes I've made form the original, who can keep track anymore? Hope you like it. This is great company food, especially to impress. I have made this with cheaper cuts of meat and bacon rather than the pancetta with good results. Since I don't know how well done you like your meat (rare for me) its even harder to judge the cook time in this recipe.
- Blanch mushrooms in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until soft.
- Add prosciutto and mushrooms and saute 2 minute.
- Add broth, wine, butter and parsley and stir to combine.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add fillets and cook in sauce to desired doneness.
- Season to taste.
- Serve fillets with sauce poured over top.