I think I got the original recipe from "Patsy's Cookbook : Classic Italian Recipes from a New York City Landmark Restaurant". I know I changed the wine used in the original, but I can't remember what the original was. There are probably other changes I've made form the original, who can keep track anymore? Hope you like it. This is great company food, especially to impress. I have made this with cheaper cuts of meat and bacon rather than the pancetta with good results. Since I don't know how well done you like your meat (rare for me) its even harder to judge the cook time in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blanch mushrooms in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 3Saute onion until soft.
- 4Add prosciutto and mushrooms and saute 2 minute.
- 5Add broth, wine, butter and parsley and stir to combine.
- 6Bring to boil.
- 7Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- 8Add fillets and cook in sauce to desired doneness.
- 9Season to taste.
- 10Serve fillets with sauce poured over top.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon With Chianti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.5
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 132.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: