Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like to use this marinade when I am preparing for filet mignon because the marinade is light tasting enough that doesn't mask the goodness of filet mignon. With the blue cheese butter, you got a 5-star restaurant meal!
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb filet mignon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened )
- 1 ounce blue cheese (crumbled )
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (chopped )
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Whisk together vinegar, garlic, 1 tbsp black pepper, rosemary, oregano, and kosher salt in a bowl along with the olive oil. Place the steak into a resealable plastic bag, and pour the marinade overtop.
- Squeeze the excess air from the bag and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Steak should be at room temperature for even cooking.
- Mash together the butter, blue cheese, chives, and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper; set aside.
- Sear the steak for 1-2 minutes for each side.
- Cook to desired doness.
- Serve with a dollop of blue cheese-chive butter.