I like to use this marinade when I am preparing for filet mignon because the marinade is light tasting enough that doesn't mask the goodness of filet mignon. With the blue cheese butter, you got a 5-star restaurant meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb filet mignon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened )
- 1 ounce blue cheese (crumbled )
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives (chopped )
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1Whisk together vinegar, garlic, 1 tbsp black pepper, rosemary, oregano, and kosher salt in a bowl along with the olive oil. Place the steak into a resealable plastic bag, and pour the marinade overtop.
- 2Squeeze the excess air from the bag and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- 3Steak should be at room temperature for even cooking.
- 4Mash together the butter, blue cheese, chives, and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper; set aside.
- 5Sear the steak for 1-2 minutes for each side.
- 6Cook to desired doness.
- 7Serve with a dollop of blue cheese-chive butter.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon With Blue Cheese Butter
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1028.8
- Calories from Fat 831
- Total Fat 92.3 g
- Saturated Fat 34.0 g
- Cholesterol 199.9 mg
- Sodium 531.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 45.0 g