Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a friend and he said This meat dish is the "bomb". If you love blue cheese this is one dish you must try.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 (6 ounce) beef steaks, 1 inch thick
- 2⁄3 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled (about 2 oz)
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Add steaks to skillet and saute until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steaks to plate.
- Add broth, brandy and rosemary to skillet and boil until sauce is reduced 1/3 cup, scraping up browned bits, cooking for about 5 minutes Spoon sauce over steaks.
- Top each steak with half of blue cheese.
This was a delicious compliment to the Omaha Filets we received for Christmas. Really easy - I did not have beef broth, so I used beef boullion and it was still delicious - I used unsalted butter and did not find that it was too salty with the boullion. I also steamed some potatoes on the side and then tossed them in the sauce to serve - delish!!!
YUM!!!!! Will be making this again!
Fantastic! Thanks for posting.