Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
this was in todays paper, adapted from cooking light. looks like a quick and easy "company" meal
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 filet mignon steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1 lb asparagus
- spray a broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- mix garlic,1/4 tsp salt, pepper, oil, and add asparagus to coat.
- mix brandy and garlic powder, salt& pepper and rub onto steaks.
- broil 6 mins, turn, add asparagus to pan, broil 6 minutes more for med rare.
So easy and elegant. I hadn't bought filet mignon in quite a long time and was surprised that it wasn't crazy expensive. I will def. make this again. Makes a lovely romantic dinner!
My husband accidentally bought an expensive filet mignon(not looking at package too closely)so I was a little nervous about cooking this thick filet.This recipe was easy and delicious.Timing was just right!!!Thank you!!!Actually brandy rub was so good I will use it on other steaks.
Yummy!! I did notice that the mixture for the asparagus did not cover the whole pound. A little adjusting of the mix and everything was just great! Made this for my husband on our 13th anniversary. He loved it! Add a lobster tail to it for an extra treat! GREAT dish!!