Recipe by Julie421511
Yet to try this, but I am dying to! I received some Omaha Steaks for Christmas and am looking for a way to cook the tenderloins in the kitchen and not on the grill (darn winter!) I am posting this for safekeeping, but feel free to try it out. This is from Cooking Light Jan/Feb 2009 edition. Enjoy!
- 4 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup prechopped red onion
- 1 (8 ounce) packagepresliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (5 ounce) bag baby arugula
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and coat pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle beef with 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Add beef to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove beef from pan; keep warm.
- Melt butter in pan; coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, red onion and mushrooms to pan.
- Saute 4 minutes or until mushrooms release their liquid.
- Combine lemon juice and arugula in a large bowl.
- Add mushroom mixture to arugula mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Arrange 1 1/2 cups salad mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 steak.