1/1 Photo of Filet Mignon With a Red Wine Reduction
I made this dinner for my boyfriend and I. He is a huge steak guy and loves filet mignon. He devoured it and got mad when I gave a piece to the dog and ate whatever I had left. So if you love a good steak, try this recipe! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut fat off filet mignon steaks. Place steaks in large bowl/pan/plate/platter.
- 2Drizzle 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar on each steak. Flip steaks over and drizzle the other tablespoon of balsamic vinegar.
- 3Sprinkle the salt, pepper, and sugar on both side of steaks. Let the steaks sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- 4Pour red wine into sauce pan over high heat. I suggested 2 cups but make enough sauce to satisfy your taste or number of steaks. Wait until wine becomes thick and syrupy. Turn off heat.
- 5Preheat oven to 350°F Also preheat a heavy pan over medium heat on stove.
- 6Drizzle 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil over steaks.
- 7Sear steaks 1 or 2 minutes on each side on pan. Pour red wine reduction over steaks while cooking. I used a spoon to do this in moderation and avoid getting too much red wine in there.
- 8Place pan with steaks into the oven. Let them cook for 8-10 minutes. This will make your steak brown on the outside and pink on the inside (depending on the thickness of the steak and power of the oven). Try cutting a steak with your knife to check the inside.
- 9Remove the pan from the oven and let steaks sit in the pan for 5 minutes to let them soak the juices inches.
- 10Serve steaks on plate. Take a spoon and drizzle the juice from the pan over your steaks. Make sure to get a lot of juice on there! Enjoy!
- 11PS - I served these with cheddar and bacon mashed potatoes. Also try potatoes au gratin or steak fries!
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon With a Red Wine Reduction
Serving Size: 1 (559 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1123.1
- Calories from Fat 678
- Total Fat 75.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 198.4 mg
- Sodium 1311.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 51.7 g