Recipe by Kikimony
A different way to eat your filet! Guessing on cook time because this depends on your preference on the "wellness" of the filet.
Top Review by Chippie1
I made this last week for a dinner alone with my DH (no kids!). I did substitute an Idaho potato instead of the sweet potato and it worked just great! This recipe have a very good taste except for the fact of my DH no prefering thin sauces and here he came with the cornstarch. He thickened it up way too much for my taste, but the flavor of the sauce was wonderful. The only bad thing about this recipe is that it never says where to use the wine. So, I used it both to marinade the portabello mushrooms and in the sauce. Very good recipe Stephanie and thanks for posting!
- 8 ounces filet mignon
- 1 large portabella mushroom, cap sauteed,not sliced
- 1 sweet potato, shredded and fried
- 2 ounces quartered white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic
- 1⁄4 cup Burgundy wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- green onion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute portabella mushroom and set aside.
- Grill filet mignon to desired temperature.
- In a separate skillet saute quartered mushrooms and roasted garlic for approximately one minute and add Cajun seasoning; Add heavy cream and reduce.
- Stack filet on the portabella, top with the sauce and crown with the sweet potato hay.
- Garnish with green onions.