From the Weight Watchers' website. 2 points per toast. This can be sped up and simplified by purchasing a tube of garlic paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray (1 spray)
- 8 medium garlic cloves, peeled (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely minced
- 2 lbs raw lean beef tenderloin, trimmed and tied (from butcher)
- 24 ounces French bread, cut into sixty four 1/3-inch-thck slices
- 1Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray. Set pan on middle rack in oven and then preheat oven to 425ºF.
- 2Combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley in a small bowl; mash to a fine paste using back of a wooden spoon (or you can use a mortar and pestle). Set aside about 1/3 of garlic paste for use on the meat (the other 2/3 will be for the toasts).
- 3Wash beef and pat dry with paper towels. Rub about 1/3 of garlic paste on meat. Place meat in preheated roasting pan and cook about 22 minutes for medium rare or 25 minutes for medium.
- 4Remove meat from oven and place on a cutting board. Loosely cover meat with aluminum foil and let stand 15 to 20 minutes (meat will continue to cook slightly). Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF.
- 5Meanwhile, spread tops of bread slices with garlic paste; place in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake until slightly toasted, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 6Remove strings from meat and slice against the grain into 32 very thin pieces; slice each piece in half. Place a slice of meat on each garlic toast and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon Garlic Toasts
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 64
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.8
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 100.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g