1/4 Photos of Filet Mignon En Phyllo Avec Sauce Madere
1 hr 15 mins
This is an impressive variation of beef Wellington. Great for a romantic dinner or dinner party. Prep and cook times approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 1/4 inch thick, trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 lb fresh mushrooms, minced
- 2 ounces cooked ham, ground
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
For the sauce
- 1Oil a large heavy skillet and in it sear the fillets over high heat for 1 minute per side.
- 2Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 3In the same skillet saute the mushrooms, ham and shallots, in 2 tablespoons of butter for about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the mustard and sherry.
- 5Cook and stir a few more minutes to form a moist paste; set aside.
- 6Brush 1 sheet of phyllo dough with butter and place another sheet on top.
- 7Repeat this three more times, ending up with 4 stacks.
- 8On each stack of phyllo, place 2 tablespoons of mushroom mixture in the center and top with 1 fillet.
- 9Wrap the phyllo around the fillets and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- 10Brush with melted butter and bake at 450°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11Meat will be medium rare.
- 12For the sauce, blend pan juices from meat with broth, Madeira and Bovril.
- 13Bring to a boil, reduce heat, add lemon juice and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 14Remove skillet from heat and swirl in butter.
- 15Spoon 2 tablespoons of sauce over each fillet and serve.
- 16Pour remaining sauce in a sauce boat.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon En Phyllo Avec Sauce Madere
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.1
- Calories from Fat 665
- Total Fat 73.9 g
- Saturated Fat 35.9 g
- Cholesterol 210.5 mg
- Sodium 569.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: