1/2 Photos of Filet Mignon Beef Stroganoff
Heather Lazar's Note:
Tender Beef Chunks in a Creamy Sauce with shallots, mushrooms, mustard and fresh dill
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup store bought broth
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, trimmed sliced 1/4 inch thick and cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 3/4 lb cremini mushroom (trimmed and halved or quartered if large)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- buttered wide egg noodles
- 1Melt: 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a 1 quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes to make a roux. Add stock in a slow stream, whisking constantly, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking occasionally for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- 2Pat beef dry and season well with salt and pepper. heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12 inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides. Add beef in 2 batches and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides but still pink inside, about 1 minute per batch. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
- 3Add remaining 1 tablespoon each butter and oil to skillet and heat until hot but not smoking. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid mushrooms give off has evaporated and mushrooms are browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4Return meat, with its juices, to skillet and stir to combine, then transfer to a platter.
- 5Reheat sauce over low heat, then whisk in sour cream, mustard, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (do not let boil). Pour sauce over beef and serve with noodles.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet Mignon Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.5
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 207.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 17.4 g