Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
FOR STEAKS AND MUSHROOMS
- 4 filet mignon
- 4 portabella mushrooms (stemmed&gills scraped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
FOR BOURBON WINE SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces andoville sausage or 8 ounces smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 5 tablespoons jack daniels Bourbon
- 1 rome tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup veal stock
- 2 tablespoons diced butter
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- for steaks and mushrooms mix oil vinegar salt and pepper let marinate about 20 minutes.
- heat oil saute sausage or bacon about 3 minutes till brown add shallots and garlic cook about 1 minute longer.
- Deglaze pan with bourbon and carefully ignite,when burned off add tomato and stock stir in butter,worcestershire this should be done the same time your steaks and mushrooms are.
- Soak hickory chips in water for 1 hour drain well when grill is hot place ontop grill meat and mushrooms Place steak in center of plate overlap slightly with mushroom pour sauce over both.