Recipe by Bec
Planning ahead (allowing it to marinate) makes this a super easy meal to prepare. Serve with baby new potatoes in chive butter, and basil sprinkled asparagus spears.
Top Review by whitneyinnz
I made this for Christmas dinner for my husband and myself, and it was excellent - he said it was the best-tasting meal I've ever made! The marinade flavored the meat well and kept it very tender while baking. I baked two filets for an hour for well-done, and it was perfectly cooked and tender. The only substitution I made was beef stock in stead of the dry sherry. I served it with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin (1 piece)
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tenderloin in zip lock plastic bag and set in baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients for a marinade and pour over tenderloin.
- Close bag tightly.
- Chill for 24 hours; turn bag frequently.
- Remove meat from bag.
- Baste with one half of marinade while cooking.
- Heat remaining marinade to boiling and pour over meat when serving.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes for medium.