Recipe by Mims & Squims
Easy yet exquisite! A creamy wine sauce over the finest cuts of meat...mmmm!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin fillets (filet mignon)
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy skillet heat 1 T butter with 1 1/2 t oil.
- Add garlic & onions and cook until lightly browned. Remove from heat & season with thyme, salt, & pepper.
- Add 1 T butter and 1 1/2 t oil to skillet. Add fillets and cook 5 minutes per side (medium rare) or to desired doneness. Transfer fillets to warm plate & cover with foil.
- Add madeira wine to skillet and heat, stirring and scraping any brown bits from bottom of pan, until reduced by half.
- Add broth and again reduce by half.
- Add cream & stir until thickened.
- Add fillets back to pan & heat until warmed. Serve.