Mims & Squims's Note:
Easy yet exquisite! A creamy wine sauce over the finest cuts of meat...mmmm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In heavy skillet heat 1 T butter with 1 1/2 t oil.
- 2Add garlic & onions and cook until lightly browned. Remove from heat & season with thyme, salt, & pepper.
- 3Add 1 T butter and 1 1/2 t oil to skillet. Add fillets and cook 5 minutes per side (medium rare) or to desired doneness. Transfer fillets to warm plate & cover with foil.
- 4Add madeira wine to skillet and heat, stirring and scraping any brown bits from bottom of pan, until reduced by half.
- 5Add broth and again reduce by half.
- 6Add cream & stir until thickened.
- 7Add fillets back to pan & heat until warmed. Serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Filet De La Madère (Beef Tenderloin W/ Madeira Wine Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.0
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 397.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef tenderloin fillets