Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nothing fancy. Just plain-and-simple-from-my-kitchen-to-yours, wicked easy, Mmmm-Mmmmm good, chili.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans, with liquid
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Brown the beef; drain off fat.
- In the same pan, saute onions and peppers in the olive oil.
- Combine beef, sauted onions/peppers and remaining ingredients in large pot.
- Simmer over low heat at least an hour.
Very good. My husband usually makes chili in our house so he was even suprised how good this was since I made it. I followed the recipe as written other then I didn't add the celery and I used petite diced tomatoes instead of tomatoes and green chilies. We all enjoyed this. I will be making again.