Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A little like a yogurt and a lovely start to a summer's meal. Preparation time is approximate, depending on how quickly the milk sours.
- 3 tablespoons sour cream (use a good quality product)
- 5 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon sour cream over the bottom of each small bowl.
- Set in a warm place and fill with milk.
- Cover with cheesecloth.
- When milk has soured, chill thoroughly and serve very cold.
- Sprinkle generously with sugar and a little ginger.