Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a 1983 Womens Day recipe.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped filberts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl,cream butter,gradually add sugar and continue beating until blended.
- Beat in egg,lemon peel and juice.
- In a small bowl sift together the flour and salt,gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Cill for about 20 minutes for easier handling.
- Shape into 2x3/4 inch rolls.
- Roll in nuts,place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.