Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a little work but the results are fabulous!
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry tarragon
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Mix together green onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 2 cloves of the garlic and tarragon.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining garlic with butter.
- For each packet, place 1 sheet of fila on a board and brush with about 2 tsp garlic butter.
- Place a second sheet of fila on top and brush with another 2 tsp of garlic butter.
- Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt& pepper.
- Spoon about 3 tbs herb mayonnaise over both sides of chicken breast.
- Place onto corner of fila.
- Flip corner of fila over chicken roll once.
- Fold sides in then roll up to opposite corner.
- Place the 6 packets slightly apart in an ungreased baking pan.
- Brush with remaining garlic butter.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden.