Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fijian style fish in coconut cream sauce
Make and share this Fijian Fish Lolo recipe from Food.com.
- For casava or dalo. Peel the skins cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- Boil in salted water until soft. Test by poking with a fork, it should be soft yet firm, not too soft. drain water and steam on low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- For main dish:.
- Heat oil in sauce pan.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, chili.
- Sautee until onions are translucent, do not brown.
- Season fish with Salt and pepper.
- Add fish to pan, stir for a few minutes.
- Add coconut milk.
- Bring to boil then turn the heat low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, top with herb (basil, corriander -- ).
- Serve with Casava, taro root or over rice.