Fijian style fish in coconut cream sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For casava or dalo. Peel the skins cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- 2Boil in salted water until soft. Test by poking with a fork, it should be soft yet firm, not too soft. drain water and steam on low heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3For main dish:.
- 4Heat oil in sauce pan.
- 5Add chopped onion, garlic, chili.
- 6Sautee until onions are translucent, do not brown.
- 7Season fish with Salt and pepper.
- 8Add fish to pan, stir for a few minutes.
- 9Add coconut milk.
- 10Bring to boil then turn the heat low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 11Add salt and pepper to taste, top with herb (basil, corriander -- ).
- 12Serve with Casava, taro root or over rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fijian Fish Lolo
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.0
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 53.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 13.1 g