Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
Best known Polynesian dish of the South Pacific Islands.
- 1 chicken, cut up or 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, to garnish
- Marinade Sauce: Blend together all the ingredients, except chicken.
- Prepare the chicken pieces (may be whole pieces or bite-size if you have boned chicken) and marinate for at least one hour. Larger pieces will require more time.
- Butter and flour a baking dish and place the chicken flat in the dish.
- Cover the chicken with the marinade sauce.
- Do not cover the baking dish. Bake in a slow oven at 350° until golden brown.
- Turn the pieces when the top has browned. This should take about 45 minutes total.
- Serve with rice with tiny peas, rice with raisins, or rice with pineapple chips.
- Best known Polynesian dish of the South Pacific Islands.