1 hr 45 mins
Best known Polynesian dish of the South Pacific Islands.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken, cut up or 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, to garnish
- 1Marinade Sauce: Blend together all the ingredients, except chicken.
- 2Prepare the chicken pieces (may be whole pieces or bite-size if you have boned chicken) and marinate for at least one hour. Larger pieces will require more time.
- 3Butter and flour a baking dish and place the chicken flat in the dish.
- 4Cover the chicken with the marinade sauce.
- 5Do not cover the baking dish. Bake in a slow oven at 350° until golden brown.
- 6Turn the pieces when the top has browned. This should take about 45 minutes total.
- 7Serve with rice with tiny peas, rice with raisins, or rice with pineapple chips.
- 8Best known Polynesian dish of the South Pacific Islands.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiji Islands Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.3
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 1173.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 24.9 g