Recipe by English_Rose
This recipe combines piquant pork loin with fruit and nuts in this exotic but easy, speedy, mouth-watering main course.
- 1 lb pork loin, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- butter, for frying
- 2 ounces soft dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 fresh figs, quartered
- 1⁄2 pomegranate
- 3 ounces pistachio nuts
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the oven to 400°F Season the pork with cumin, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the pork briefly on all sides to seal. Transfer to a roasting pan and cook for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan until it begins to caramelize.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir to form a syrup. Remove the mixture from the heat and add the figs, the seeds from the pomegranate, the nuts and the orange zest.
- Slice the pork and serve with the figs, accompanied by fresh watercress.