Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Movies that inspire recipes are just as fun as recipes that are inspired from movies. While watching 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' one night trying to dream up a unique recipe, it hit me like a kung fu blow to the creative parts of my brain. Fighting Crab Crunchy Potato rose to the rank of black belt of taste buds with crab meat that packs a punch and potato hash that crisp as it cooks!
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 cup lump crabmeat (drained)
- 3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 3 stalks green onions (finely chopped, white or green parts)
- In a medium mixing bowl, hand mix Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Brown, Lump Crab Meat, Fresh Ginger, Green Onion (leave small amount for garnish), and Sriracha (leave small amount for garnish). Set aside so flavors can infuse.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil on medium heat.
- Take 1/4 of mixture in hand and press/shape into a ball. Then press flat by using the palm of one hand while the other holds. Patty should be 1/2 inch thick with some shredded hash faring out.
- Place gentle into hot oil. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or browned. Take care flipping the patties so as not to break them.
- Once cooked on both side, remove patty and place on paper towel to drain off excess oil.
- Repeat shaping and cooking process until mixture is gone.
- Before serving, use extra Sriracha Chili Sauce and Green Onion to garnish.
We enjoyed this dish. Very creative use of ingredients! The patties were a bit difficult to hold together, I think a binder of some sort would help with that. Overall, a nice dish.