Recipe by Italian Stallions Kitchen Extravaganza
So good you will fight over the spoon to get the last bite.
Top Review by CrazyMix
I made this at Thanksgiving & it was really wonderful. I just loved it! I don't have many spinach eaters in my family but made it anyway b/c I love spinach. Really, really good & rich. I was glad that I had some left to put in the freezer to take out later & enjoy all over again. This dish freezes really great as well. Thanks!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed (see directions on box)
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in sauce or skillet pan.
- Add onions, garlic, nutmeg and sautee until onions are soft.
- Add heavy cream, stir frequently.
- Add vanilla, bacon salt & pepper.
- Let stand on low heat.
- Add cooked spinach to mixture and stir.
- Let spinach cook on low heat and absorb mixture.
- Serve immediately.