Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The peanuts are optional, but don't leave them out!
Make and share this Figgy Thai Chicken Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 88.74 ml lime juice
- 59.14 ml honey
- 14.78 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 1.23 ml red chili pepper flakes
- 9.85 ml gingerroot, very finely minced
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken, shredded
- 236.59 ml california dried fig, sliced crosswise
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml mint, chopped
- 1 cantaloupe, pared and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled,seeded and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 12 leaf iceberg lettuce
- 59.14 ml roasted peanuts (optional)
- mint sprig, garnish (optional)
- In small bowl, combine first five ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a medium bowl, and toss with the figs, green onions and chopped mint.
- Pour the marinade over chicken mixture with the cantaloupe, bell pepper and cucumber.
- Arrange lettuce on a chilled platter (2 per plate).
- Mound the chicken salad attractively in center.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with mint as desired.
This was wonderful! I myself skipped the nuts. Didn`t need them.
When I saw this recpie I wasn't sure it all went together, but since I had most of the ingredients I decided to give it a try. Good thing I did! It was nice and refreshing, perfect for a summer dinner. Thanks for the recpie!