Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Succulent Braised chicken thighs in a hearty Madiera wine and fig sauce, thickened with delectable goat cheese, topped with cherry tomatoes for freshness.
- 6 bone in chicken thighs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced cherry tomatoes
- 4 (12 ounce) figs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup madeira wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 small hot pepper, of choice chopped (can omit )
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock, concentrate
- 1 hot pepper, of choice chopped (can omit )
- 2 tablespoons oil, for browning chicken
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Brown well on both sides.
- Remove from pan. Drain all but 1 tbls of oil.
- Sautee garlic and shallots until fragrant- approx 2 minutes. Add hot pepper.
- Add in brown sugar and 4 oz figs, stirring to combine. (reserve ½ oz figs for top).
- Add Madeira wine, scraping any brown bits from bottom. Add in chicken broth, Chicken stock concentrate and A1 sauce.
- Reduce for 10 minutes on med high heat.
- Add in rosemary, oregano and 1 cup tomatoes.
- Add back chicken turning to coat in sauce. (should be skin side up).
- Simmer covered for 40minutes.
- Remove chicken to serving platter.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add goat cheese, whisking well or use immersion hand held blender, Blend until sauce is smooth.
- Spoon desired amount over chicken on platter.
- Top with chopped figs and ½ cup sliced tomatoes.
- Bon Appetite!