Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe while searching for another. If your not a fig person I would use 1 mashed, ripe banana, or dates. The prep time includes baking the potato.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 8 dried figs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup corn syrup or 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Bake sweet potatoes until done-around 1 hour.
- Mince figs.
- When cool enough to handle scoop out potatoes and place in a large bowl-reserve jackets.
- Add remaining ingredients except butter and whip well.
- Restuff jackets and dot tops with 1/2 t.
- butter each.
- Bake at 350 for around 20 to 30 minutes.