Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a simple and delicious meal that's ready in no time at all, perfect for if you are in a hurry and need some good food fast.
For the salad
- 6 medium button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 12 walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 large figs, cut into thick slices
- 1 pinch black pepper (to season)
For the dressing
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons carob syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- mixed greens
- stuffed green olive
- 2 slices of your favourite bread
- hummus, on the side
- Heat 2 tbsp water in a non stick saute pan and add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes before adding in the balsamic vinegar, keep the heat on medium/high and cook for a further 6 minutes, then toss in the red onion and walnuts, add a pinch of black pepper, mix everything together and turn off the heat.
- Prepare your mixed leaves in your serving bowl, make it into a nest, then spoon the mushroom mixture into the centre, arrange your sliced figs around the side and add the green olives on top.
- For the dressing, mix together the carob and balsamic vinegar in a small cup and give it a quick whisk and drizzle over the salad and you’re done!