Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chocolate chip cookies with a little something extra.
Make and share this Fig, Walnut, and Chunky Chip Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 3⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) packages dried calimyrna figs, stems trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°; lightly butter two large baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl, cream the butter using an electric mixer.
- Add in the sugar; beat until light and fluffy, scrapping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; add in the vanilla; beat until blended.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in another bowl; gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture on low speed, just until combined; finish combining with a rubber spatula.
- Add in the figs, walnuts, and chocolate; stir just until blended.
- Using a heaping tablespoon, drop the batter onto the prepared baking sheets, placing the cookies at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake until the edges of the cookies are golden and the tops are set (13-15 minutes); cool slightly on the cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool.