Recipe by Karen in MA
The fig mixture can be made a day ahead to allow the figs to absorb more of the syrup). Almonds may be replaced by pecans if preferred.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water (more may be added if desired)
- 6 fresh figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1 (14 ounce) brie cheese (4 1/4-inch diameter)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat brown sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add figs and vanilla, and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in almonds and vanilla.
- Place brie wheel in a baking dish, and pour fig mixture over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until softened but not melted. Serve with water crackers.