Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is wonderful on cracker, toast or sandwiches!
- 10 ounces dried calimyrna figs, stemmed and cut into 1/4 inch pieces (1 3/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a med saucepan, combine figs with sugar and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until most of the liquid has evaporated and figs are easily pierced with the tip of a sharp paring knife, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor; add lemon juice.
- Puree until smooth (add up to 1/4 cup additional water, if needed, to thin to desired consistency).
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 month.
I love figs! This recioe was super easy and oh so delicious! I am serving this with pork loin sandwich and mixed greens! Thank you for the recipe!
Fantastic spread! A little less sweet than most of the fig jams I've tried...just what I was looking for! I have a few jars in the canner right now and plan on making another batch so I can add them to my gift baskets this year, thanks Katie!