- 10 ounces dried calimyrna figs, stemmed and cut into 1/4 inch pieces (1 3/4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a med saucepan, combine figs with sugar and 1 1/2 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until most of the liquid has evaporated and figs are easily pierced with the tip of a sharp paring knife, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor; add lemon juice.
- Puree until smooth (add up to 1/4 cup additional water, if needed, to thin to desired consistency).
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 month.