Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (September 2009)
- 1⁄2 cup goat milk yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 24 black mission figs, halved lengthwise
- sea salt (or Fleur de sel)
- 2 bunches pepper, cress thick stems trimmed or 2 bunches watercress, thick stems trimmed
- 1 cup mint leaf
- olive oil
- 1 dried Indonesian long pepper, ground in a spice mill
- In a medium bowl whisk together first five ingredients (yogurt - lemon juice), season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Sprinkle figs with fleur de sel (sea salt); set in the center of a plate. Drizzle dressing over figs; scatter the pepper cress and mint over the figs. Season with olive oil and Indonesian pepper.
This made a great dessert. I used greek yogurt and used very ripe figs from my tree. I skipped the watercress, but I did sprinkle with mint. I skipped the oilive oil. We loved the flavor and I will make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.