Recipe by Rita~
A Sophisticated Fig jam enhanced with rosemary, studded with pine nut and laced with Grand Marnier.
- 2 lbs figs, 4 cups pureed
- 1 lb sugar, about 2 1/2 cups
- 3 -4 fresh rosemary sprigs (4-5 inches)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Wash and heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- COMBINE figs, sugar, rosemary and lemon in a non reactive heavy bottom pot.
- Bring to a roiling boil ( full rolling boil over high heat is when stirring it still is boiling while being stirred) When temperature reaches 220 degrees remove rosemary. Carefully add pine nuts and Grand Marnier over no flame then bring back to a boil.
- Carefully ladle hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight. Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, be sure the jars are covered by at least 1 inch of water, adjusting for altitude.
- Remove jars and cool in a draft free spot. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Remove bands, wipe jars, label storing in a cool dark pantry for up to 1 year. Or wrap a ribbon if giving for gifts.