- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces very thin slices prosciutto, cut into 1/8-inch-wide strips
- 12 large dark-skinned fresh figs, halved (such as Black Mission, Celeste, or Brown Turkey, about 1 pound)
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled gorgonzola
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 8 minutes). Cool.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add prosciutto; sauté 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Arrange 4 fig halves on each of 6 salad plates.
- Divide prosciutto evenly over servings. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese; drizzle with 2 teaspoons balsamic reduction.
- Serve immediately.