I have taken up some interest in figs so thats why i posted this recipe.
Make and share this Fig, Prosciutto and Arugula Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 7.39 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml honey
- 946.36 ml arugula, loosely packed
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 113.39 g prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 8 figs, stems removed, sliced lengthwise (black or green will work)
- 113.39 g goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Put the vinegar in a small bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper, and stir to dissolve them.
- Stir in the honey.
- Put the arugula in another bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Decoratively arrange the dressed arugula, the prosciutto, the figs over the surface of a serving platter.
- Crumble the goat cheese if you are using it over the salad.
- Then drizzle everything with the balsamic-honey dressing.
Just wonderful!!! What a treat! This dressing along with the figs is great to balance the sort of strong, independent flavor of arugula. I used a President's brand prosciutto panino(roll) with mozzarella, this made it easy to cut and sprinkle over the salad plus I wanted a mild cheese rather than a goat cheese with arugula. Also, used a ten year old balsamic, yummm!! Wonderful salad and will make again. Very impressive salad that you can serve to guests!! Thanks for the recipe!!
Wow, delicious! I used a fig balsamic vinegar and omitted the honey. All these flavors go beautifully together!