1/4 Photos of Fig Preserves
1 hr 25 mins
This recipe is posted by request.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash figs gently in cold water.
- 2Place in a large bowl, fill with cool water and soak for 20 minutes.
- 3Make a syrup by boiling the sugar and water together in a large saucepan.
- 4When syrup is clear and just thick, around 15 minutes add figs and lemon slices.
- 5Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 6Boil hard 1 minute.
- 7Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Carefully pour into a blender and pulse to grind figs and lemon slices.
- 10You may want to cook down for 10 or 15 more minutes to desired thickness.
- 11Ladle into clean hot sterile jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (1774 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1000.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 258.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 249.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g