Recipe by Dib's
This recipe is posted by request.
Top Review by KitchenGossip
Delicious! I didn't follow the recipe exactly, instead, melding suggestions from other readers. I cut the figs in half and used lemon juice only so that I wouldn't have to process the figs. It turned out beautifully. Had it on toast with cream cheese, and will use it for a pork loin stuffed with goat cheese and fig preserves.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash figs gently in cold water.
- Place in a large bowl, fill with cool water and soak for 20 minutes.
- Make a syrup by boiling the sugar and water together in a large saucepan.
- When syrup is clear and just thick, around 15 minutes add figs and lemon slices.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil hard 1 minute.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully pour into a blender and pulse to grind figs and lemon slices.
- You may want to cook down for 10 or 15 more minutes to desired thickness.
- Ladle into clean hot sterile jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.