This recipe is posted by request.
Make and share this Fig Preserves recipe from Food.com.
- Wash figs gently in cold water.
- Place in a large bowl, fill with cool water and soak for 20 minutes.
- Make a syrup by boiling the sugar and water together in a large saucepan.
- When syrup is clear and just thick, around 15 minutes add figs and lemon slices.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil hard 1 minute.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Carefully pour into a blender and pulse to grind figs and lemon slices.
- You may want to cook down for 10 or 15 more minutes to desired thickness.
- Ladle into clean hot sterile jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.