Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A good way to use those home-made fig preserves. My husband requests this one quite often. Very moist, almost pudding type cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed fig preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon white Karo
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Cake: In mixing bowl put flour, soda, salt and sugar.
- Blend cooking oil in well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each.
- To this add gradually 1 cup buttermilk; then add 1 cup mashed fig preserves and mix slowly.
- Flavor with vanilla and stir in pecans.
- Bake in greased 9 X 13 pan at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or more.
- While cake is hot, cover with three minute icing.
- Icing: Combine all ingredients in sauce pan.
- Place over medium heat and stir.
- Cook for 3 minutes after it begins to boil.
- Pour over cake.