Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Original version of this recipe was from Valley Fig Growers but I don't have fresh figs, so I've modified the recipe to use dried figs. Even if you have a fig-hater in your house (as I do), you'll be able to sneak them into these deliciously orange scented muffins.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml dried fig
- 1 orange, zest of
- 226.79 g orange flavored yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In large mixer bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Dice figs into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces by hand or in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- Stir figs and orange zest into creamed butter mixture; stir in yogurt. Add fig mixture all at once to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake in 400° F oven 15 to 17 minutes or until done.
These were very nice and easy to make. Made for Zwt6 for the Xtra Hot Dishes