1/2 Photos of Fig & Orange Muffins
Original version of this recipe was from Valley Fig Growers but I don't have fresh figs, so I've modified the recipe to use dried figs. Even if you have a fig-hater in your house (as I do), you'll be able to sneak them into these deliciously orange scented muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F and spray 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 3In large mixer bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- 4Dice figs into 1/4 inch or smaller pieces by hand or in a food processor fitted with the metal blade.
- 5Stir figs and orange zest into creamed butter mixture; stir in yogurt. Add fig mixture all at once to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- 6Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Bake in 400° F oven 15 to 17 minutes or until done.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig & Orange Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 281.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g