1/16 Photos of Fig, Nut and Rum Syrup
1 hr 15 mins
The Aroma brings the holidays to whatever you enjoy this with this sweet syrup because it holds heavenly spices and dark rum. Try it warmed on bread pudding, pancakes, waffles, french toast, pour it into a trifle, glaze a ham, pork roast or a chicken with it. Oh and of course serve it over ice cream. Any questions on canning check out http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewforum.zsp?f=24 in Canning, Preserves, Dehydrating Forum or zaar mail me. enjoy this http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=226479 step x step
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place figs and water in 2 batches in a blender and blend till semi smooth but still chunky.
- 2Place in a heavy bottom pot with sugar and spices.
- 3Bring to a rolling boil at 225°F using a candy thermometer for 20 minutes. Stirring almost constantly so not to burn or to boil over. Add nuts and continue stirring for 5 more minutes.
- 4Turn off heat and add carefully dark rum stirring.
- 5All the stirring over this heavenly scented syrup is so worth it and you get a facial too! ;).
- 6Pour into sterile jars place clean lids and process for 10 minutes.
- 7Store out of light. Refrigerate once opened.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig, Nut and Rum Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (4120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 853.9
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 170.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 164.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g